CERTIFICATION AND LABELLING
The authorization of organic wine as a certified product is carried out by an authorized control agency or body. It certifies from the moment a winery starts the conversion, as well as the rest of all the following years that the strict conditions of production, processing, transport and storage are met.
A serious exposure, a strict bureaucracy of laboratory analysis of ingredients, as well as an economic risk for each of the wineries that bet on this organic seal.
On the other hand, this effort for the wineries compensates the clear advantage of these certified wines by passing all the food safety processes that a food needs to be ingested.
A product can only bear the organic logo if it contains at least 95% organic ingredients and if the remaining 5% meets strict conditions. The same ingredient cannot be present in organic and non-organic form. Next to the EU organic logo must be indicated the code number of the inspection body, as well as the place of production of agricultural raw materials that make up the product.
It should be noted that a wine made only from organic grapes cannot carry the European logo.
Spanish wines that we find in the United States with this logo will not carry sulfites by the USDA Organic standard. With the distinction on its label of being Organic if it contains 95% organic ingredients and 100% Organic if all its ingredients are organic.